In this episode we dive into Azure Architecture with Thomas Maurer. Learn about Enterprise Scale Landing Zones, Azure Bicep, the Well Architected Framework, and more.
Thomas Maurer works as a Senior Cloud Advocate at Microsoft. As part of the Azure engineering team (Cloud + AI), he engages with the community and customers around the world to share his knowledge and collect feedback to improve the Azure platform.
In this episode, we talk about...
- Thomas is working with Azure Architecture to make it easier for clients to operate cloud tech
- Azure Architecture is made up of three main parts
- Reasons that people have not heard about Azure Arc
- Cloud Adoption Framework will assist those looking to build their company with Azure
- Enterprise Scale Landing Zones help plan and set up Azure environment
- How the automation for the Visio landing zone operates
- Azure Bicep makes it easier to write and write ARM templates
- It is still very early on in the development of Azure Bicep
- Microsoft Learn helps people learn all about Microsoft, not just Azure
- Microsoft Build provides a 24/7 video platform as a learning resource
- Advice for those that want to get into content creation
- Collaborating with others is incredibly important for growth
- Well-Architected Framework vs. Cloud Adoption Framework at Microsoft
- It never helps anyone to act like a jerk; be polite
- Even bad advice provides value if you look at it correctly
Resources from this episode:
- Thomas on Twitter
- Thomas' Blog
- Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure
- Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework
- Azure Arc
- Azure Bicep
If you'd like to read the full text transcript for this episode head over to cloudskills.io/blog/episode-092
Don't forget to subscribe to our mailing list at cloudskills.io/subscribe for weekly updates, exclusive training, and advice on how to amplify your career.