In this episode I catch up with Josh Duffney to discuss the differences between DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
Here are the resources we discuss on this episode:
- What is Site Reliability Engineering?
- SRE and the Value of Treating Operations as a Software Problem
- The Site Reliability Workbook
- DevOps Team Types
- DevOps Anti-Types
- Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow
- Practice of Cloud System Administration: Designing and Operating Large Distributed Systems
Josh Duffney is a DevOps engineer with 10 years of systems administration and engineering experience. Josh is a Pluralsight author of several courses on the topic of automation and infrastructure development and blogs at duffney.io. Josh enjoys being an active member of the PowerShell and DevOps community where he gets to share his knowledge but more importantly enjoys learning from others in the industry. Outside of his professional work Josh is a practitioner of digital minimalism who strives to find balance in a digital world. Josh also spends his time weight lifting and training in the art of Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Don't forget to subscribe to our mailing list at cloudskills.io/subscribe for weekly updates, exclusive training, and advice on how to amplify your career.
If you'd like to read the full text transcript for this episode head over to cloudskills.io/blog/episode-058