CloudSkills.fm is a weekly podcast with technical tips and career advice for people working with cloud-native technologies. This show is for developers, IT pros, or anyone making a career move into the cloud. Episodes will be short and to the point and will regularly feature experts who share their experiences.
This show is hosted by Mike Pfeiffer, a twenty-year tech industry veteran, entrepreneur, Pluralsight author, and Microsoft Azure MVP. If you enjoy the show and want more tips delivered to your mailbox every week, subscribe to CloudSkills Weekly at cloudskills.io/subscribe.
In this episode I catch up with Chirag Nayyar who is working towards helping businesses make that shift into the cloud. Chirag comes from a background in computer science and shares the experience of his journey into the cloud coming straight out of university.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Chirag’s background and journey into the Cloud field
- Starting on the Azure platform gave Chirag a good foundation in the Cloud space
- Getting good at one platform allows one to make sense of other platforms
- The Google, AWS, and other Cloud communities have played a major part in (guest name) career
- People struggle with the intimidation that comes with having conversations and speaking
- Practice is always required no matter how much confidence you may have
- Thoughts on the Alibaba Cloud platform and it’s presence in Asia
- Great certification tips from the plethora of certificates that Chirag has under his belt (24)
- Understanding the implementation of certified knowledge is one of the biggest setbacks
- Challenges presented when coming from a background in computer science
- Leverage your existing experience rather than starting from scratch in a career switch
Resources from this episode:
If you'd like to read the full text transcript for this episode head over to cloudskills.io/blog/episode-091
Don't forget to subscribe to our mailing list at cloudskills.io/subscribe for weekly updates, exclusive training, and advice on how to amplify your career.
In this episode I catch up with Bart Castle, an Expert Trainer at CBT Nuggets where he spends his days making training content while consulting on the side.
In this episode I catch up with Erica Woods and Ryan Sedwitz with Apex Systems. Learn how agency recruiters can help you showcase your abilities, how to build up your personal brand, refine your resume, LinkedIn profile, and more.
In this episode I catch up with Christian Nunciato full-stack developer and staff software engineer at Pulumi. We discuss Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and how developers can use languages like typescript to write their infrastructure code.
In this episode I catch up with Azure MVP Gwyneth Pena to discuss how you can get started on your journey into the Azure cloud.
In this episode I catch up with Josh Duffney, author of the new book 'become Ansible'.
In this episode we catch up with Ohad Maislish, CEO & Co-founder of env0, and we discuss how they are building a platform that helps teams manage their own cloud environments in AWS, Azure and Google.
In this livestream Tim Warner and I explain what’s going on with the new Azure Solutions Architect certification exams, answer questions and provide tips for studying for AZ-303 and AZ-304.
In this episode we catch up with Elton Stoneman about his new book: Learn Kubernetes in a Month of Lunches
In this episode I answer some listener questions and provide tips on how you can create a strategy to launch your own DevOps career from scratch. What does it take? What should you focus? I answer those questions in this episode.
In this episode I talk about the recent changes to the AZ-400 exam and provide some tips and resources you can use to start studying right away.